Income Tax Planning
Our Boca Raton tax attorneys have extensive experience with aggressive tax planning on behalf of our clients. We use a variety of traditional and nontraditional planning techniques to achieve favorable tax results for our clients.
Some techniques we have successfully used or recommend are as follows:
- Periodic and annual review of income and expenses
- Creative restructuring of the holding of an asset prior to its sale to reduce income taxes
- Use of private annuities to reduce the capital gains tax on the sale of an asset and to move wealth to future generations.
- Use of defined benefit plans in small business, to reduce current income tax liabilities and build up a retirement fund.
We also prepare estate tax returns (Form 706), and fiduciary income tax returns (Form 1041) for our clients.
IRS Audit Representation
When the IRS starts an audit of your personal or business tax return, you need to be represented by an experienced team of tax professionals. Our staff has the experience necessary to handle most tax disputes against the Internal Revenue Service, in Boca Raton and throughout Florida.
- IRS Tax Problems
- Business and Personal Tax Problems
- Liens, Levies, and Collections
- Audits, Non-Filers, Civil Fraud
- Florida Department of Revenue and Taxation
- Sales, Use, Gas, Liquor Taxes
- Income, Corporate and Estate Taxes
- IRS Office of Appeals
- Payment Agreement
- Innocent Spouse Claims
- Employment and Payroll Taxes
Tax Planning for Real Estate Investors
Real estate investors also face unique tax problems from the sale of real estate. Our staff has successfully implemented tax savings programs to reduce or eliminate the resulting income tax from the sale of real estate.
Real estate investors also need to coordinate tax planning with asset protection goals. Real estate investors can also benefit from utilizing a Section 1031 exchange, where property that is sold is replaced with new property without the payment of tax on the sale of the first property. Our tax attorneys have extensive experience implementing Section 1031 exchanges on behalf of our clients.